Friday, December 16, 2011

New DVD Review - Cowboys and Aliens

So the idea I thought originally was a cool one.  Get two different genres and pit them against each other.  And then I saw Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford were going to star in this movie and I thought "Wow this could be pretty solid".  And then I saw that Jon Favreau was going to direct it and then I thought "He did a really good job with Iron Man, this movie could really be good with him behind the camera".  So I was altogether thinking this movie would be an instant hit with me since I like both genres.  Then I saw it…  There was action most of the time and the aliens didn't look terrible but whatever it was about this movie, I was just bored the whole time.  There was no point where I was interested and thought this was a cool movie.  I can't put my finger on any one thing but when the credits rolled I felt like I just wasted 2 hours of my life.  It wasn't terrible just boring in my opinion.  Also this idea of aliens vs. cowboys seems cool but when you really look at it, it just doesn't make sense.  It would be like an ant going up against the exterminator.  I mean the aliens just traveled through space while the cowboys are still riding horses.  A six-shooter can't stand up to a ray gun that hits with a sonic boom.  Sorry but it just doesn't stand up.  I would have to give this film 5 Ninja Stars out of 10 because again it wasn't bad it was just very boring.

-Diomedes

No comments:

Post a Comment