Friday, June 17, 2011

Movie Review - X-Men: First Class

So being my most anticipated movie of the summer I had very high expectations for this new installment of the X-Men enterprise.  And I will have to say that it didn't leave me hanging like so many other movies in recent history (like the movie we don't speak of - otherwise known of as the third X-Men movie).  I won't go on record saying that it was great but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I think they had some good character development with Magneto and seeing Professor X up and about was really neat too.  The duo of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy worked out perfect in my opinion.  I also thought there was a solid story line set in place that showed the break-up of Professor X and Magneto to the opposing sides of their views on how mutants should live in everyday society. 

My one criticism would be for the mutants they picked to key around for the good and the bad side of the conflict.  I think there are so many better mutants out there to pick from that they could have done better in their selection.  The effects were good.  I thought beast looked cool which was good because let's face it a big blue furry dude is hard to make cool on screen.  Magneto has been a favorite of mine since I was little and to see his power grow and come to its full potential was awesome.  I must also say that Kevin Bacon as the villain was a good fit too.  It's been a long time since Kevin Bacon has done anything worth talking about so it was nice to see him actually live up to expectations.

I would give this movie 8 Ninja Stars out of 10 and would recommend catching it in theaters if you can because it was definitely worth the price of admission.

-Diomedes

No comments:

Post a Comment