Friday, June 17, 2011

Movie Review - Bridesmaids

Originally I thought this movie was going to be a chick flick and that I would find myself bored.  I of course was dragged to it by a very attractive female that I guess I couldn't say no to (or maybe it was because I dragged her to see X-Men: First Class).  I heard from many women that I had talked to that it was hilarious and that I had to see it.  So needless to say I went into it very skeptical.  But as the movie started and through the progression of the film, I found myself laughing more often and harder than I expected.  By the time it was done I decided that I would be more than happy to see it again because it was hilarious.  The casting was perfect and the main girl from Saturday Night Live (Kristen Wilg) did a solid job.  The scene of her in the airplane is one of the funnier scenes I have witnessed in a long time.  I will also say that the chubbier, more butch friend was the best character in the film and did a great job.

Altogether after all the hype and the fact that I thought it was a chick flick, it was pretty darn good.  For a comedy I am going to have to give it 8 Ninja Stars out of 10.  I would definitely recommend seeing this movie in theaters but if you can't make it then go out and rent it right when it comes out on dvd because it is worth your time.  I must say thank you to the attractive lady that dragged me to the theater because otherwise I would have most likely been too manly to go see it.  Guys it is not a chick flick if you haven't got the gist of what I'm saying.

-Diomedes

No comments:

Post a Comment